Measure the World Precisely and to Control it Accurately
Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering is a multidisciplinary program which offers expertise in :
- soft computing
In our fast moving world it is important to manufacture products for daily living with full efficiency and safety for that industries should be automated, our branch deals with a study to design the control and implementation and configuration of the process.
The role of electronics and instrumentation engineers has come to acquire a great deal of importance of any industrial undertaking as they are responsible for designing, maintenance and construction of the complete automated instrumentation system. Automation is the core job of instrumentation engineers. The electronics and instrumentation engineers have job opportunities in
- Material processing
- Manufacturing defence
- Food technology
The graduates have opportunities to work in central government organization:
- Chemical industry
B.E (Electronics & Instrumentation)
Department's Major Achievement
- Three Doctorates in the department and four are pursuing Ph.D.
- Two Anna University Recognised supervisors.
- Faculties are available with different thrust areas such as Process control, Image Processing, Bio-medical Instrumentation, embedded systems, Environmental science, etc.,
- Funds received from various funding agencies such as Anna University DRDO, DIT, CSIR, ICMR, MOES, BRNS, and AICTE for organizing FDTP/seminar/conference/workshops/ Projects.
- Texas Instruments projects participation / winning.
- Received national level Best Women Engineering Teacher Award, Faculty awards.
- LabVIEW Academy interface.
- Received national level project awards from ISTE,IET, Young Gandhian award, AIMO etc
- Best paper awards.
- Patents filed for the best projects.
- Received GOOGLE Ambassador award.
- PG projects are being carried out in Research organisations such as CLRI, CEERI, CSIR, CVRDE, and Sigmapi.
- Achieved many University ranks.
- Received Gold medals.
- Project Internships in Yokogawa and national Instruments Pvt Ltd.
- Lab development projects.