Measure the World Precisely and to Control it Accurately
This course was introduced as there is an increase in demand in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and it is a complete blend of technical subjects involving both Electronics and Instrumentation fields imparting adequate knowledge and expertise. With the advancement and widespread applications of Electronics and Computer in Instrumentation and Control, the syllabus is framed to include core courses of Electronics, Instrumentation as well as Computer Engineering taken into consideration.
The responsibilities of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineers will be with the design, construction and maintenance of instruments and entire instrumentation systems of any industrial undertaking. After completion of this course, students will have very high opportunity in almost all Automation industries, processing industries, chemical industries, bio-medical instrumentation , Power plants, Fertilizers & Chemical industries, Petrochemical industries, Navigational & Aerospace Organization, Food Processing Industry, Weather Stations etc.,
The faculty members are involved in carrying out the research in the area of Process Control & Instrumentation, Medical Electronics, Power Electronics, Applied Electronics, Data Security, Image processing etc., The department has well established laboratories namely Process Control Laboratory, Virtual Instrumentation Laboratory, Transducers and Measurements Laboratory, Electronics Laboratory with good infrastructure and state of the art instruments. Added to the value of the programme, the department has patented student’s project. The department is constantly receiving funds from various government organizations like DRDO, CSIR, DIT, MOES, ICMR, BRNS, etc., to conduct seminars workshops and conferences including Anna University sponsored Faculty Development Training Programmes.
An Instrumentation engineer supports control-system engineering activities by designing, developing, installing and testing a company’s electrical and instrumentation systems. The main focus of E&I engineers will be in the field of Control systems design , Process control and instrumentation, Electronics design and manufacturing ,Engineering research and development, sales and service of technical equipment, Project and technology management etc.,
The challenges involved in studying Instrumentation Engineering (such as problem solving, having a design focus utilizing technology to benefit society, etc) and skills (such as project management, communication, technical, analytical, team membership, leadership skills etc) needed to perform the job as Instrumentation Engineer.
The Placement record of the department is excelling and is towering to almost 95% every year. The department poses an excellent and progressive academic record. The department of EIE has signed MoU with YOKOGAWA India Pvt. Ltd. Chennai, Cranes Software Pvt Ltd, Bangalore. National Instruments Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, Trend Automation Pvt Ltd Chennai for effective Industry Institute interaction.
The performance of the students in academics has been outstanding with students bagging gold medals and good number of University ranks in the exams conducted by Anna University. Students have also participated in various conferences, symposiums, workshops etc at both National and International level and have brought laurels to the Department.
B.E (Electronics & Instrumentation)
Department's Major Achievement
- Three Doctorates in the department and four are pursuing Ph.D.
- Two Anna University Recognised supervisors.
- Faculties are available with different thrust areas such as Process control, Image Processing, Bio-medical Instrumentation, embedded systems, Environmental science, etc.,
- Funds received from various funding agencies such as Anna University DRDO, DIT, CSIR, ICMR, MOES, BRNS, and AICTE for organizing FDTP/seminar/conference/workshops/ Projects.
- Texas Instruments projects participation / winning.
- Received national level Best Women Engineering Teacher Award, Faculty awards.
- LabVIEW Academy interface.
- Received national level project awards from ISTE,IET, Young Gandhian award, AIMO etc
- Best paper awards.
- Patents filed for the best projects.
- Received GOOGLE Ambassador award.
- PG projects are being carried out in Research organisations such as CLRI, CEERI, CSIR, CVRDE, and Sigmapi.
- Achieved many University ranks.
- Received Gold medals.
- Project Internships in Yokogawa and national Instruments Pvt Ltd.
- Lab development projects.